Quote Originally Posted by chloevankatie View Post
What's a good tool you recommend?

I am gonna be bummed if I actually make a lot of money but only on paper, lol.
I recommend using the tool that comes with your broker's on-line platform. So whether you have your money in Schwab, Fidelity, etc they should have research and/or planning sections. The point is not that any one is better than the other...these companies make a fortune and so the tools are reliable. Sticking with the version where you keep your money is just easier...one log-in, familiar interface, etc. What will drive your results is YOUR appetite for risk...and that doesn't change regardless of the tool you use.

Fundamentals is what drives Warren Buffett's investment strategy. Look for stocks that have gotten creamed so far this year, and then ask why? Maybe they had a bad product launch, or lawsuit, or change in leadership? But if you can't find anything that is concerning, maybe they dropped due to widespread panic. If so, logic says the underlying value is still there and should return. A great example right now is restaurants. Are they selling 10% of what they did a month ago? Less? The only thing wrong with most of them is they are prohibited from serving normally. But that won't last and business will return. So if they have cash to pay short-term bills they should be fine once bans are lifted. I, for one, plan to binge a bit on food and providers once this is over...