Thread: I'm just about done

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    Another relevant thread closed because two tards can't keep a conversation at an adult level. Do something about them rather than closing down a worthy discussion. You're making this board more useless every time you use weak moderating. If you need help I'll volunteer my services.
    Not sure what thread you're referring to, but there are occasions when moderation is done behind the scenes and threads are closed but left up as examples. Sometimes there are reasons things get done by staff that aren't apparent publicly. Another topic can often be started quoting the less-contentious posts of the original and continuing a valid discussion, unless instructed otherwise.

It is usually better to intercede when war is brewing than clean up after damage and destruction later, and please remember this is an all-volunteer peacekeeping staff with limited opportunity to de-nuke combatants on a World Wide Web site.

If you're serious about donating time and effort and being a recurrent target of criticism and ire, with an inbox that fills up more regularly than a shipload of bar-seeking thirsty sailors on shore leave in a Red Light harbor, please apply to our happy host chief admin ck1942. It's a thankless responsibility (one that is increasing MY Jameson consumption), and I frequently wonder why I decided to do it. (Probably goes back to said Jameson consumption, chuckle. )
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 09-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.