Quote Originally Posted by VikkiLyn View Post
Its age verification for the viewer not the workers
You asked "What's next." The PROTECT Act is a proposed bill working it's way thru the U.S. Congress. As it's currently being proposed, it most definitely applies to sex workers and content providers. And it would apply nationally, not only to a few specific states. It may never happen in its current form, but this is what's being planned. It's what's next. In a very similar way to how abortion opponents aren't content with restricting access to abortion services, they're also planning on severe restrictions for birth control, and providers of women's health care in general. That's what's next, too.

I know we're not supposed to discuss politics here, and I've been very careful not to mention political parties, but it's not hard to figure out what's going on here. In this case, they're deliberately coming for your livelihoods. I've seen ads and posts lately from providers mentioning that they're planning/contemplating retirement. I get it. It's certainly not a bad idea to at the very least have a Plan B in place that's very well-thought out.