Is this not the peril many ladies court who profess an emotional connection with their ....I'll use the word 'patrons' instead of clients? I am not saying this about your particular situation but I have been skewered on here for trying to inject some reality that this is just a trumped up acting class. A class where either party can yell "Cut, that a wrap'' at any time. The ladies who talk about their 'patrons' in such loving glowing terms are sometimes then surprised at this line crossing behavior.

My advice is to tell him exactly what is on your mind....that includes not playing any games by trying to squeeze him for more financial support. You have a person in a bad emotional state, who may agree to anything to continue to see you. That would not be wise on your part. You can sever the relationship with this person completely.......or at least until he has come back to his senses. I then would do a complete assessment on my part in how I missed the sign's.... or my part in maybe leading him to think this is not a BUSINESS transaction.