<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sisyphus @ Mar 24 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You gonna hate my answer, Camille! But my answer is...

"It depends."

I try VERY hard to live my life K.I.S.S. I probably fail more often than I succeed but that&#39;s the goal.

When it comes to applying K.I.S.S. to direct communication, all I ask from those I allow close enough to question me at all is the following:

1. Ask me whatever you wish! I reserve the right not to answer... at least not right now... You&#39;ll KNOW when I&#39;m doing this. I&#39;ll say, "I rather not say.." OR, "I&#39;d rather not discuss that now..."
2. Never ask me a question you don&#39;t REALLY want answered.

If somebody "comes correct" in that regard, then - yes - I answer directly & let the chips fall where they may. If not, I still may answer directly even if I think my response will hurt... but only if they leave me no other way out.

I know how to tell the truth. I know how NOT to hurt people. I don&#39;t always know how to do both at the same time.[/b]
I&#39;m with you Sisyphus, and agree that the K.I.S.S method works best for me also.

I prefer others be honest and direct with me, however it depends on the question and the recipient as to my response to a specific question. Generally, I "tactfully" tell the truth, unless it&#39;s going to hurt their feelings.