Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A letter from Grandpa.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sisyphus @ Mar 20 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Let me see if I get this straight...

You don&#39;t want to "risk" the $45K cost of training/compensating a new employee because the government "steals" more than half* of your additional incremental "profit" (by definition, revenue generated by that new employee in excess your costs) associated with that new employee???? Unless something is missing from your scenario, you&#39;re still better off economically than you would be if you hadn&#39;t hired this person. Where are you going to get a better ROI on your $45K? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

BTW, does that 12 months of training factor in all of YOUR lost productivity pissing & moaning on the Internet about the raw deal you&#39;re getting???

* Not quite sure how 39% on Corporate Taxable Income > $100K & < $335K (highest current US corporate tax rate I could find) equals = "more than half" but - for purposes of this discussion - I&#39;ll take your world for it...[/b]
    Damn. You must have access to Obama&#39;s teleprompter. Are you 45 degrees to the right, or the left? Fact is, some employees work, and some don&#39;t. $45,000 is a hell of a bet - even in Vegas - those of us who own businesses and hire people, understand that risk. And we&#39;re not going to continue to take it when barak redistributes what we earn to the lazy fat asses sitting on the back porch smoking drugs.
    You can only shove so much sand up a camel&#39;s ass.

A hard on is a terrible thing to waste.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThrillBill88 @ Mar 20 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Damn. You must have access to Obama&#39;s teleprompter. Are you 45 degrees to the right, or the left? Fact is, some employees work, and some don&#39;t. $45,000 is a hell of a bet - even in Vegas - those of us who own businesses and hire people, understand that risk. And we&#39;re not going to continue to take it when barak redistributes what we earn to the lazy fat asses sitting on the back porch smoking drugs.[/b]
    I own a business. I understand risk. I also understand the English language. Let me know when you catch up there, sport.
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sisyphus @ Mar 20 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    II also understand the English language. Let me know when you catch up there, sport.[/b]
    Did I write something in "Old English" or Spanish? Let me know when you learn how to read sport.
    You can only shove so much sand up a camel&#39;s ass.

A hard on is a terrible thing to waste.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThrillBill88 @ Mar 21 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Did I write something in "Old English" or Spanish? Let me know when you learn how to read sport.[/b]
    I read just fine. Waiting on something WORTH reading sport.

You&#39;ve been told ad nausea... your style is not how we roll here...

Houston Political Forum is

|
    |
    |
    V

that way...
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

Registered Male (Not Verified) TexTushHog's Avatar
    Let&#39;s see a show of hands. Has a single person here had their taxes raised yet? I didn&#39;t think so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TexTushHog @ Mar 23 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Let&#39;s see a show of hands. Has a single person here had their taxes raised yet? I didn&#39;t think so.[/b]
    Odd. I didn&#39;t see that comment that last few years when everyone was bitch&#39;n about deficit spending.

Guess it wouldn&#39;t have been so clever then, huh?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TexTushHog @ Mar 23 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Let&#39;s see a show of hands. Has a single person here had their taxes raised yet? I didn&#39;t think so.[/b]

Did anyone who posted here actually say that his taxes had been raised yet?

I didn&#39;t think so.

Grandpa simply noted in the little story posted by the thread starter that he believes his tax burden will soon rise. Pretty reasonable assumption, don&#39;t you think?

It&#39;s amazing that some people actually believe taxes will only increase for those whose incomes exceed $250K/yr. Have they not heard of the current cap-and-trade proposals? But even those won&#39;t be enough. Next up will likely be a European-style VAT. That is a tax structure that really does collect a lot of revenue (it is, in large measure, the way Europeans finance their lavish welfare states).

I thought it would be a long time before we saw a president more profligate than the big-spending George W. Bush, or a congress more reckless and irresponsible than the DeLay-led congress of a few years ago, but it now looks like we may have both.

Somebody&#39;s going to have to pay for all this largesse. Most of the burden will be borne by the middle class, not the "wealthy."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3