Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Try to Stay in the Here and NOW

Hobby Addict
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anonone @ Feb 27 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    You are only looking at HARD taxes.

You are leaving out SOFT taxes in user fees, registrations, licensure, and the retail price of products and services that absorb all the corporate taxes and get passed on to the end consumer. I went over this in a very long PM, quit acting like the other 11% does not exist.

Besides in the end, even if we stop at the very low estimate of 42% that is a hell of lot more than what the colonists rebelled for--violently--which was my point. Where is the threshold? When do we say enough is enough and storm the capital? 70% 80%? 90%?

Maybe WTF&#39;s Utopia where we don&#39;t get any money and everyone gets the same amount of resources no matter what value they add or do not add to the community?[/b]
    First of all Anon, while I appreciate your lengthy PM, I view PM&#39;s as just that.....Private......I think the rest of the board does as well..... :blink:

But since you reference the PM, all you did is provide annecdotal examples like the user fees/taxes etc. hidden in things like a ticket to a baseball game.

Show me something quantitative that supports your argument. In the rough example I laid out I assumed 25% of all consumption is subject to either a direct tax (like sales) or one of your "hidden" taxes (and I&#39;m not saying they don&#39;t exist, just not to the degree you claim they do).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atlcomedy @ Feb 27 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Show me something quantitative that supports your argument. . .[/b]
    Did you read the economist study I referenced several posts ago? You mean you really don&#39;t understand that corporate taxes are passed on to the end consumer? Really? You don&#39;t see that? You think that double taxation is just an urban myth? Granted some of them are hidden and hard to detect, but many of them are obvious. As to your complaint that my examples are anecdotal, do really need to me scan and fax you receipts and ticket stubs that show user fees like stadium taxes and government fees just to make a point that should be fairly obvious?

No wonder the government gets by with this nonsense.

It is no secret that I am a fan of the Cato Institute. You can spend hours there (and get hopping mad) learning about the real nature of our tax system. Here is a great place to start if you are curious:

Hidden Taxation!

Here are a few more:

The Tax Wedge

Who really pays the corporate tax burden? YOU DO!

How much do you really pay????

I would upload the PDF available at the end of the Wikipedia Article, but, it exceeds my limit on the board--if you are serious about this and want to learn more, read that report by IPI.

PS: I did not reveal anything private. . .I simply addressed the notion you tried to float out there that I did not answer your questions. . .you tried to make it look like you had bested me into silence--that is not cool. I only PMd you because I sensed this discussion was getting trite and folks were bored.
    There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
    - Mark Twain

Click here to explore a few forbidden things!

DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN, Ansley, but you are one BBBBBBBEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIFF FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUULLLLL WOMAN!!

LOVE YOU MUCHO!! :wub:

CUMANDGITIT :blink:

Verified Companion Companion Ansley Ayers's Avatar
    Oh come on, tell me how you really feel. :wub:
    <span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">~Ansley~</span>
    There is a fine line between having a good time and being a wanton slut. I know. My toe has been on that line.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Do you remember?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6