Thread: Moderators

Hobby Addict
    It seems like CK is performing the functions of moderator on this temp site. What happened to our old mods? (I probably should bring this up, I haven't gotten a single warning point since ASPD went down )

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Most of the staff is here.

I be the lead admin and thus more or less am running this innards of this joint. A few mods are not yet here, but all staff knows where we are since home2 creation was discussed in the coed staff area at aspd all the way up to the crash.

You are here "as a courtesy" not as a right. I'll explain.

Home2 originally was created to accommodate the needs of those members who attend socials in Texas cities.

Staff felt that was a necessary thing, partially due to aspd's months of hiccuping last year. and to other needs of the meet-and-greet groups. Home2's scope was expanded and accelerated when aspd went dark in early February. Home2 has 4,000 members, and more than 200 forums and more members and more forums are both on the way.

Even before the crash happened, staff agreed that since Home2 was here and available we'd open it to the provider and bcd members on a temporary basis as an alternate communications channel.

Many were notified of the alternative site several weeks before the hacking since the board at that point was very creaky and staff feared a crash.

Home2 has since been opened to all who were already registered at aspd, and now to new registrants who will be vouched in by established members on a limited basis. We are not particularly concerned about bandwidth, but we do care about keeping members in touch and in supporting aspd's return.

Candidly, home2 is a much more laid back place than we expected and that is a good thing.

Indeed, although there's no change in the expectation of decent behavior of members from aspd, the philosophy here is that members here don't need much moderation. If they don't behave, they will leave.

Our software allows warnings, points, bans, etc. But for the most part it is step up or step out. One reminder for misbehavior should be enough and after that the staff doesn't have enough time to monitor a member who cannot understand and follow the rules.

We'll even try to bring that philosophy to aspd when we return there.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday, May 29
    San Antonio - Tuesday, June 4

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Mar 14 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    At that juncture, staff agreed that since Home2 was here and available we&#39;d open it to the provider and bcd members on a temporary basis as an alternate communications channel. And since then, opened to others who already registered at aspd, and now new registrants who will be vouched in by established members on a limited basis.[/b]
    Good concept.