Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Profile information

Registered Female (Not Verified) MsPrittiKitti's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atxcomputernerd @ Feb 26 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    To those who feel the need to state the "obivious"... umm duh? Used the PM feature before, seriously did the handle not give it away?I don&#39;t think its too much to ask that if you have a website, hobby email, or phone number to put the info on your profile. Simple marketing...I know some ladies are UTR and low volume, so they don&#39;t post that and rely on PM&#39;s...[/b]
    <span style="font-family:Tahoma">are you suggesting us ladies to get a "hobby" phone or alternate way of being contacted? *Or* is the issue, us ladies have failed to mention what our other methods of being contacted are?
    this is good info for me to know bc i rely on PM&#39;s (which i check often from my personal cell).
    i also am pretty low volume and dont want to take on any unnecessary expenses.</span>

I could never understand why some of you have so much difficulty with obtaining the information necessary to make contact. I have never had any problem doing it.

It has been my experience that most, not all but most, of the ladies already include in their ads or in some other way simple instructions on how to contact them or find other information about them. It appears that there are some guys who simply are either unable or even more likely unwilling (too lazy, for example) to do the necessary homework to find the answers they seek.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

rCoder,

Hobby Bucker? Am I missing something? Can you give me some info on how you are storing this data for use when you need it?

Rover14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rCoder @ Feb 27 2009, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    You might consider keeping contact info in your hobby bucket. I keep the following info in mine:

handles, aliases
    tags (free form - think activities + categories)
    current/past phone/email
    links - websites, reviews
    a photo
    comments (usually contact preferences or unusual "rules")
    physical characteristics
    link to latest ad in the region

It usually takes a few minutes to create a new record, but then it&#39;s not much effort to maintain. Admittedly the latest ad auto-update and review scraper aren&#39;t working as they are dependent on the old site.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rover14 @ Mar 1 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    rCoder,

Hobby Bucker? Am I missing something? Can you give me some info on how you are storing this data for use when you need it?

Rover14[/b]
    My purpose in the previous post was to give an example of the types of info that I find useful. But to answer your question, I wrote a hobby bucket program for myself. The data is stored in a sqlite database with a gtk UI. It is currently linux based. If you are geekish enough to run beta software in a ubuntu VM without hand holding or love gentoo, pm me.

As my Pappy used to say, "A man is only as old as the woman he feels"

Retired

Talking

Still can&#39;t figure out how to shrink a pic to fit in here but email is current and phone coming this afternoon... :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2