<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (usetacould @ Feb 28 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WTF wrote:

"The poor and middle class pay a higher % of their taxes in regressive taxes, taxes that everybody pays but cost those that make less a higher % of their income. To counter that we have a Progeressive Federal Tax code."

which means the progressive tax code is designed to get more from those who worked harder or smarter, which allowed them to earn more. Now if I earn $1 more and know that I will only be allowed to keep less than .50, what incentive do I have to earn more. It is regressive for me to work more and effectively earn less.

On the other hand if I am on welfare making $300. a week, for staying at home and filling out paper work to collect my check, why would I want to go out and try to earn $$ because it would reduce the amount that I get for sitting at home collecting that check. There is again no incentive to improve my situation.[/b]

Yea buddy you can live like a king on three hundred dollars a week. Make&#39;s me want to quit my million dollar a year job cause of those high taxes and get on welfare. lol

There are two forms of taxes Progressive and Regressive. You need to understand both concepts &#39;usetacould&#39; to have a rational discussion. http://www.psnw.com/~bashford/taxation.html

I can not find the study but most people pay 40% of their income in either Federal, State, Local or Sales taxes. Actually people that make between 50k -500k.

This is the most right leaning board have ever run across. I am amazed at what you are being taught in school. My God the earh is only 10,000 years old. It is not right for a person that has not worked to collect welfare yet it it quite alright for some rich spoiled brat that has not earned a penny to inherit welfare from his family? You guys have no clue about generational wealth and the power and influnce that it buys. It is the biggest form of welfare in this nation. It is why we have coopertae welfare....that little program that those on the right turn a blind eye to.