<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DEAR _JOHN @ Feb 22 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What BP and I were discussing is how sad it was that people who were friends and attended socials together now a days hate each other with a passion. We discussed more than that, but it may have been a &#39;between you and I&#39; type of discussion. If BP wishes to add more to this post, it is fine by me. One thing we did not discuss is LE and the hobby.[/b]
DJ and I were discussing the social aspects of the hobby. Back in 2000 or so the board regulars were pretty much one big happy family. Then the squabbling started. At first it was low key, but then people started taking things way too seriously, feelings got hurt, and all the sudden the happy family was a bunch of cliques that didn&#39;t get along. So much for the lunches and evening parties (and after parties.)

I agree that it was inevitable a ASPD grew and the group of regulars got bigger. I lost interest in going to ASPD functions entirely, and only started going again recently, thanks to CB and CK&#39;s great events that leave drama at the door.

As DJ said, we didn&#39;t discuss the LE issue. It&#39;s always been out there, and that&#39;s not changed. Black Tuesday was a reminder about not getting sloppy or overconfident, though... but that&#39;s always been how the smart players play.