Let's put it this way, and I am citing common knowledge that has been widely reported:

Top secret U.S. government websites, computer systems, etc. have been infiltrated, compromised, copied.

If the U.S. military cannot keep hacktoids out, can we expect any civilian site to do much better?

That said, in the case of aspd, it's not so much about the loss of data, but the loss of control, the loss of format, and the regaining and the restoring of same.

Regaining control was easy enough. Locking out the whoevers is "apparent," but then the chore is to to make sure they are locked out and that the entire system is protected from further intrusions to the best of our ability, and then...

...improvement of the site and restoration of the data bases can begin, which it has.

The important thing to remember, and trust me, I know what I am about to say is true, the entire existing data base as we know it was backed up and will be made available as soon as the programmers determine no "timebombs" or "surprises" were left behind.

Cannot promise much more than that, and cannot at this point offer a firm time-table, but I do know that we appear to be closing in an announcement. (OK, I sound like a broken record, but I do know progress is being made, even if only inch-by-inch or is that MegaByte by MegaByte?)

Meanwhile, for those who are here at home2, life goes on, and more are here every day.

Feel free to spread the word to those you know to be genuine providers or bcd members at aspd.