<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monk Rasputin @ Feb 15 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I remember that New Yorker cover. They still sell reprints of it. Reminds me of this old postcard. Folks here still see Texas that like. “Texas,” they say, “It’s a whole ‘nuther country.”

I am big fan of yours, A4K. (Many of the readers may not know that down here in central Texas, he is known to some as the “Terror of Tenafly” or the “Hellion of Hoboken.” He tears up that Jersey board. He defined “carnal,” and I have respect for him. (Grudging respect, however, as he is likely to boink Jaqi before I will.) A4K is an honorary Austin monger, and my friend.)

A4K, your point is well taken. Home 2’s configuration is indeed skewed. But it’s not because of parochialism, but because of limited resources and crisis conditions. It follows the action, as you yourself pointed out. The architecture has changed several times in the short time I’ve been member, and I expect it will continue to do so to reflect changing levels of participation and interest.

ASPD leans southward, toward Texas. Just happens that way. Like fast food places or supermarkets. Up there, you got your Friendly’s, down here we got Sonic. Up there, you got your A&P, down here we got HEB. You got tomato pie, we got Frito pie. You got lobster rolls, we got sausage wraps. (Very unfair, that last one.) Same thing with playboards. Down here we got ASPD, up there you got… hell, I don’t know what you got… I’m Texo-Euro-centric. (Okay, okay, parochial….)

Bubba Monk[/b]