Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rhimene View Post
That's the interesting part for me-when do the economic considerations outweigh the social ones? I will be careful with my wording, but so far the decisionmakers have put the social above the economic. Has that worked? Impossible to say because we do not know what it would have looked like with a milder quarantine (or none). But the death rate has been low. And from a numbers perspective more people die in auto wrecks annually. It seems like society would not have been this bad if only the high risk folks were quarantined...then THEIR stimulus could have been much higher while the rest of proceeded with more caution but not an economic shutdown. Sometimes treating everybody the same is NOT the best approach.

I heard some state unemployment websites crashed due to new filers. I see all the closed stores commuting to work. I read posts of providers stopping or adjusting schedules and services and guys sitting on the sideline. I do wonder if the cure is worse than the disease for most...
Great points Ben. Especially about the unemployment systems. Thanks for being objective too. I appreciate it.

Oh I edited some of my answer toward the bottom section to clarify about the unemployment & couple other items before I saw your post so you may want to reread my edit.