...is currently disrupted. Travel, hospitality, dine-in restaurants, and consumer discretionary have been devastated. However, I get out and about (on essential biznass, of course, and maintaining proper social distancing) and other aspects of our socioeconomic patterns right here in San Antonio are still surprisingly normal. This massive stimulus is unprecedented and will help launch us out of this funk once the tide starts to turn on the infection numbers. We could be fine by Christmas if this thing abates in the next 4 to 6 weeks and we can get back to normal. If it persists longer than that, then I reckon all bets are off, with time being the operative variable in the equation.

Without getting political, I will make the statement that the +$600 weekly Federal kicker on top of state unemployment benefits is a monumental boondoggle for the working class. As such, the economic impact of this measure will be greatest felt in the so-called "Red states".

If this thing runs its course sooner rather than later, we could be in for the mother of all parties by late summer and fall. That's a best-case scenario.

As the Chinese proverb says: "May you live in interesting times." These are definitely interesting times.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS