Quote Originally Posted by peachlover64 View Post
So lockdown? By the mayor? It’s unconstitutional and unenforceable. The police chief already responded to the mayor by saying his department will not be pulling vehicles over past whatever hours have been set. What’s he gonna do, release murderers, rapist, thieves to put a lockdown violator in a cell? Nope

The virus is a virus. A vaccine can only be created by using the virus to inject each of us with a dead virus containing the genetic marker of the virus so our bodies own immune system can identify it as a foreign infiltrator and we create antibodies to kill the cell for all time in the future until the virus mutates and same process starts again.

Bacterial infections can be treated and cure with antibiotics. Virus cannot be cured by antibiotics and can only be treated by therapeutic drugs to ease discomfort of symptoms.

Absolutely there is concern for the virus.

However life moves forward.
Just to clarify -

If you are caught breaking the lockdown, its a most likely going to be a fine of 1k. Jail will be for repeat offenders. It is very constitutional, and enforceable. The exceptions are there for people to be able to do necessities. Perhaps they will be abused, but perhaps they wont, one thing for sure, it will keep some people off the street.

The common cold is a type of corona virus/rhinovirus. No vaccine. If it was that easy to make a vaccine that was effective, we wouldn't need to have clinical trials. During the 1918 Flu pandemic, several vaccines were attempted that were more harmful than the flu itself.

I prefer to follow the distancing rules, not because I worry about catching the virus, but because I don't want to be responsible for infecting/hurting someone else. For the folks that think they are young/strong enough to catch it, the statistics coming out of New York say if you are over 20, you still stand chance of going on oxygen/respirator, no matter how healthy you are - russian roulette, an OBTW, if you do catch the severe version, it will affect your lung function for the rest of your life. I refuse to tell anyone how to live their life, if you want to carry on, it's your choice, I really dgaf, but please get your information from the CDC, not from a monger board.

As mentioned earlier, the longer we spread this stuff, the longer we will be on lock down - it really is that simple.