Quote Originally Posted by chloevankatie View Post
I did study Warren Buffett's investment strategy with long term investing. The valuation of stocks is the part I had trouble with. I did some practice on paper, and half the stocks I picked did well and the other half didn't. So at 50/50 I might as well be flipping a coin, lol. I feel like I need to work on understanding valuation.
Instead of trying to value specific stocks, I highly recommend putting your money in a Vanguard index fund, one that tracks a large index like the Russell 3000 or Wilshire 5000 (for example... https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual.../profile/VTSAX). Fees are low, and you’re following the general market, not subject to the risks associated with any specific stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NordicJag View Post
It should only effect the hobby world for the ones that are speculators. The investors, the ones in it for the long haul, shouldn't be effected much. For the investors those losses were probably just coming out of some fairly large gains in the months before. For most investors their disposable income is not really effected.