The current statutes are pretty clear on charges for public solicitation and/or if any actor (e.g. the customer) agrees to to engage in a sexual activity in exchange for a fee (or something of value). Refer to Texas Penal Code 43.02.

Technically speaking all they need to prove an act of soliciting or agreeing to engage in prostitution is the agreement itself, not the exchange of the money, nor the act of performing a sexual service.

You have only implicated you might "like to" see the person but you have not actually committed to a bonafide agreement. In the very, very strictness terms one might say this could technically be close to a crime (but it's not in this form).

Also, proving anything, especially over texts, identities of the people, no money ever exchanged hands, no "date" or "appt" was ever set, and no activities performed (nor did you actually say you would pay a price, no, you said "I would like to see you"). Therefore, I don't see any practical reason or possibility that anyone should worry about such a situation. No prosecutor would endeavor to go after it, the defenses are too numerous (i.e. stolen phone, someone else did it.... among many others), and a clear cut bonafide agreement and date to commit said crime have not been laid out at all.

The statutes do only require an agreement, however, you have not really agreed to anything specific in the case you presented, not to mention it would be full of holes for prosecutors, they simply couldn't prove anything (much less that it was actually *you*), and therefore it's not really a crime in that sense.

I believe that is where Doc was going if may be so bold as to assume what he was thinking; from that vantage I do agree with Doc and wouldn't worry about it.