Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Because, a firearm in the commission of a felony is a very bad idea! If things went sour and she/he pulled a gun to defend themselves that wouldn't help them out in court. Most of the time the deed is a misdemeanor, but adding a gun... Bad juju. I've carried weapons and they didn't require bullets. Gawd help you if I get a stiletto off... Steel meets bone, ouch!
Yes a firemarm in the possession of a felon is not ideal,.. but wouldn’t that person be happy to be alive and in trouble for defending themselves rather then the opposite? Again, I’m just asking as someone from the outside, a person who is legal to own and carry firearms so maybe it’s not worth it to get caught with a firearm if your not supposed to have one.
There are also non lethal ways as you said,.. because I know pulling a gun out is going from 0-100. Mace is something I think every provider should be carrying, but also stun guns would be really good as well. They are small, and can put a grown man down long enough to get out of harms way. The combination of being stunned, then maced would be good enough to get away, call the authorities and the bastard would still be rolling around on the floor when they arrived.