Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Issues with cash app anyone? I feel like I'm being cyberbullied by the govt

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    You've been hacked and your account hijacked. You need to file a complaint online with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Understand that once you do, everything you submit will become a public document, so have your ducks in a row as to why you have so many accounts. Opening an account in your minor son's name probably wasn't the best move, ditto with using an account with your father's name on it. Both of those (plus the number of accounts you have) could have been flagged as fraudulent activity. But the main thing is, stop calling them and for God's sake do not give them anymore personal information that can be used to access other accounts, etc..

You might also consider contacting your Federal elected representatives. If you live in SA, chances are your Congressman will pick up the phone and call CashApp and say, "'Sup?". I would not contact our US Senators, and that's all I'll say on that.

Stop beating yourself up and playing inside the lines. You've been hacked and there's a chance your identity has been stolen. If you have any credit cards call the company and put Unusual Activity alerts on all of them. After my identity was stolen twice, I contacted the Big 3 credit reporting agencies and put a freeze on my credit reports. Nobody can use my RW name and SS number to get a loan, new credit card, or transfer funds to a new bank account. It did not prevent me from opening (legitimate) CashApp, Venmo, and ApplePay accounts.

So wipe your nose and eyes, put your big girl britches and boots on, and get 'er done. It's not going to happen overnight. The CFPB might be able to steer you to credit rebuilding services. It sucks but I was able to regain control of all of my accounts (I've got a few) within about 18 months. I know that sounds like forever and you need the money now, but understand you're not getting jack out of CashApp until someone with a much bigger club (like Federal regulators) call them.

AND AGAIN, DO NOT GIVE ANYBODY MORE PERSONAL INFORMATION!

Good luck!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
    What happens when cash has no value anymore?
    Darlin', you may have your answer after 01 June. We all need tinder to get the (real, not bottled gas) BBQ and the fireplace going!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2