^ Np bud. I'm very skeptical for many of these reasons and some beyond the scope of a forum post. I think that's best to stick with traditional value based assets/commodities.

Digital currency has undoubtedly made some people money quickly but what people don't hear about is all the people who lose money.

Additionally, many of those we read about (like the guy who turned ~75k into 1.05Mn in ~10 days via dogecoin) may end up losing it all too. It might be 2wks later, 2mos, or 2yrs. And we don't hear about those as much but there are far more people who are going to lose money than will make it. Especially if it turns out like the VCR wars. Or worse it dies out (at least dies out on this massive global speculation stage it has been on - I can see that happening easily in time). There is literally nothing of value there. Like you mentioned Ben. That's the other enormous problem.

Cryptocurrency right now is best used as a form of anonymous payment for services if anything at all (though I can think of at least one far easier method for anonymity; prepaid visa/mc bought with cash). Beyond that the concept of cryptocurrency [in its current state] as a long-term monetary/currency replacement simply doesn't make sense at all. Much like you pointed out earlier without knowing certain technical details. A+ dude :) I totally agree.