Many thanks to the smart people who decided to create an alternate site while the mother site undergoes major reconstruction. Isn't there a TV show that has the same theme: A world is destroyed by aliens and the survivors muddle through time and space looking for a home?

Well, I do have a gripe. Remember that famous cartoon from the New Yorker, "View of the World from 9th Avenue"? Here is the link to it: http://www.saulsteinbergfoundation.org/gal...iewofworld.html. This site makes me think that thirty years later someone is trying to inflict revenge for the implicit insult contained in that 'toon.

After seeing how the forums are laid out, it seems crystal clear to me that this is Texas centric board with a stilted view about the rest of the country. I mean there is a New York forum and then a generic East Coast forum which covers everything from Maine to Florida and that, my friends, is a long ass drive. Couldn't we have New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southern and Florida forums so that we aren't all glommed together. No one would think of lumping Dallas with Austin, would they, so why should D.C. be lumped with Boston or New Haven. Do you see my point?

All of this bickering may mean little since, just like on ASPD, there is little East Coast content and participation, but I thought I would vent and let you know that some of us are on the alert for Texas parochialism.

Hope y'all have a great Valentine's day.

awl4knot