Quote Originally Posted by Kitty bunny fuck View Post
It's not coming back - word of mouth from a few reliable sources.
Yea. Definitely seems very weird at this point. This amount of time without a word through the owners and/or nothing on the domain itself is really odd.

The server is indeed up and taking requests so I now have to think that the owners (not hosting provider) decided to take the content offline (just made everything 403 forbidden to the public) and added a very simple custom 403 error page that says "Server Not Found". Normally you would see "Forbidden Access".

When their payment plan runs out with webair.net I would expect to see the more typical and generic 404 error browser page which says basically, "404 cannot find server/url", or something to that effect.

It really sort of boggles my mind though for some other reasons. However, I admit ECCIE with 500K+ users, national exposure, etc.... had a HUGE target on them. So I guess I can see it from that angle that the owners just wouldn't even want to deal with the pressure of even having to worry about attracting federal attention. Oh well. C'est la vie.