For top-notch, sit down BBQ, Jack Stack is the best. Tons of variety, great quality, good service. The cheesy corn is OUTSTANDING and a MUST! They have locations on the plaza, freighthouse district and 95th & Metcalf (may be more that I'm not aware of).

Gates isn't my favorite, but when I have a boss or client in from out of town, it's always fun to take them there and have someone yelling at them as soon as the walk through the door "HI! MAY I HALP YOU!!!" Especially at lunch when the line is out the door. But it's impressive when you get there and your order is ready and correct!

Holes in the wall I'm torn. I LOVE Oklahoma Joe's, but I also like Rosedale down in KCK. Both are HOLES! The original OK Joe's, as most know, is in a gas station. Only problem is, if you're going for lunch, it's almost impossible to eat there. The line is out the door and they've only got about 6 or 7 tables. They have a new location in Olathe at 119th & Blackbob (I think), just off of 119th & I35.

And, as a ringer, I like Wyandotte BBQ a bit. They're not the best, but they are a hole in the wall. But I live close enough, that during the Spring and Fall, when the windows are open (and I work from home) I can smell them smoking the meat all morning. By lunchtime I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog and have to run and get some burnt ends!