Thread: Posting New Reviews Not Working

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Posting New Reviews Not Working

Am I the only one having problems posting new reviews? I would fill out the form and write the review then press SUMBIT...and I get a "message too short..." message. I have tried posting several times and nothing works.

Is there a work around to this?

Any help from the admin or admins is appreciated.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Workaround thread for the review gremlin - https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread.php?702760

Thanks. I will give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mehsterj View Post
    Workaround thread for the review gremlin - https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread.php?702760

I just tried one of the workarounds and this is what I got after pressing "Preview". The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

I also tried the submit button and I got the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by mehsterj View Post

I tried everything and nothing works. I will post the review here in the Co-Ed Forum as a last resort and RTM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD NordicJag's Avatar
    OP do you copy and paste into any of the fields?
    Forgive me Father because I have sinned
    If given the chance, I'll probably do it again...Jimmy Buffett

I'd rather die while I'm living than live when I'm dead...Jimmy Buffett

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I always have to use the template, then post in the locker room or somewhere else and report to mods to have it moved… I don’t even try to submit reviews in the actual review forum anymore, I’ve tried all the different workarounds.

I tried typing. I tried copying and pasting. I tried a combination. Nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by NordicJag View Post
    OP do you copy and paste into any of the fields?
    - - - Updated - - -

That's probably the best route of me also going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetex13 View Post
    I always have to use the template, then post in the locker room or somewhere else and report to mods to have it moved? I don?t even try to submit reviews in the actual review forum anymore, I?ve tried all the different workarounds.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Anandaman's Avatar
    This was posted by another guy. I agree with it and added my comments below that. I post reviews successfully every time - so there must be some way to work-around the gremlins. :-) Here you go...

REVIEW ERROR MESSAGE WORK-AROUND:
    I have found that if you start with the bare minimum it seems to work almost every time. And if it doesn't work you've only put in a short amount of time in case everything disappears.

I have posted this on a couple of different threads, but this is what works for me.
    1. Fill in only required fields (the starred ones). Public comments is required, but I only enter one word.
    2. Submit the review. If it is accepted then...
    3. Click on "Edit your post" in lower right corner and enter the rest of the review.

My additional comment: Try "previewing" it instead of "submit". If the top part of the review doesn't look normal (usually a lot of spaces), check that the activities and physical descriptions sections are still there. If either disappeared, retype what's missing and try to "preview" again. If all looks normal, go ahead and submit. Then go to no. 3 above. Don't forget to use the "Hide" for the ROS. You can find this when you are editing by using the "Go Advanced".

Lastly, I recommend to type your review in a Word Document before you start the review. You can cut/paste it into the review and the information will not be lost if something goes wrong.

A'Man