I was recently in Vegas with wifey and tried to arrange some entertainment - a gift for her. The guy was a total douchebag. An hour after he was to arrive he texted to say he was on his way, but he wanted a deposit. I zelled $50. Then he said he wanted another $50 and a FaceTime visit before he would leave. I told him to F off and keep the $50. He showed up in the hotel anyway and texted me a video of himself in the lobby, (?hey I?m here, let?s hang.?) I didn?t feel safe with this guy showing up two hours late AND after I told him not to come, so I didn?t respond, it just seemed really sketchy. Wife didn?t want to respond either.

So, I?m trying to figure out what is reasonable screening. I don?t really get the point of a FaceTime verification unless they just want to screenshot it for blackmail purposes. I do understand a modest deposit for an outcall, but obviously there?s the risk that folks just don?t show up? How much screening should I really be willing to submit to? I don?t do this stuff very often, and pretty much never post, so there isn?t a list of providers ready to vouch for me.