Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: eclipse

Verified Hobbyist BCD

eclipse

Are you ready for solar eclipse Monday April 8 about noon that day

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Looking forward to it. As you noted the eclipse starts about noon or a little before. The climax of the TOTAL eclipse in Dallas starts about 1:42 pm and last about 3min 45 seconds. Get your protective glasses before its too late!

Topic is not hobby related. Moved.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD raghupundit's Avatar
    Yes ordered glasses from Amazon. I am debating whether I should buy an attachment for the Telescope too.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by raghupundit View Post
    Yes ordered glasses from Amazon. I am debating whether I should buy an attachment for the Telescope too.
    Cool! I need to do this. Also the iPhone camera attachment for the telescope to take photos. If there is no photo, did it really happen? Lol.
    Live and let others live.

P411 Lifetime Member & Verified with 30 Okays. PacePro Verified Member. OH2 Verified Member. ECCIE Premium, TER Premium. Private Delights Vouched Member with Provider Responses. Will Write Detailed & Entertaining Reviews (with consent, cos I respect a Provider’s privacy) if the Experience is Good!

Verified Hobbyist BCD honest_abe's Avatar
    yep, i'm down..

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Do not use a telescope or even binoculars to view the eclipse even with glasses. Both concentrate the rays and will burn through the glasses. Be sure the attachment is rated for viewing.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    One of the best eclipse sites: https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2024-april-8

Plug in your exact city/ location, and you?ll see a simulation of how the eclipse will look for you, with the exact timings of all the phases, for your specific location.

And like Labrat mentioned, see this: https://www.vox.com/science/24119318...safety-glasses

It’s better not lose our eye sight if we want to hobby well, just saying…

Have fun y?all
    Last edited by CKJAmore; 04-05-2024 at 12:50 AM.

P411 Lifetime Member & Verified with 30 Okays. PacePro Verified Member. OH2 Verified Member. ECCIE Premium, TER Premium. Private Delights Vouched Member with Provider Responses. Will Write Detailed & Entertaining Reviews (with consent, cos I respect a Provider’s privacy) if the Experience is Good!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’m blind now.

I thought I knew what to expect having been through some partial eclipses before, but I underestimated how cool it would be once the moment of totality hit. I back up to nature and the sights and sounds were really cool. I wish I would have taken this more seriously and had set up cameras and microphones.

At least I had my glasses, the weather cooperated and I was outside to witness it. I almost blew it off for a meeting, and I regret nothing about skipping it.
    OH2 and Eccie member since 2009. P411 since 2005. Anything before that just makes me sound old. Do not ask me what I paid. These chicks just dig me for my company.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yeah, it was totally cool! I went to the center of the totality band (the yellow line on the maps) in Oklahoma, chasing clear skies, which I got.

I got to see the totality in its awesome splendor: saw the halo, the red beads, the diamond ring, and Sun?s red corona flares! Even dared to see the diamond ring for just a quick second with the naked eye. That’s perhaps the most bedazzling sight a human can ever see from this planet. Didn?t go blind, as far as I know, for now. Now, If I start mixing up the hobby girls in my reviews, I?ll know then if I went blind!

I even saw the planets in the night sky of the totality: Venus and Jupiter quite close to the sun, and some stars! It was fucking cool!Took some amazing photos.

This makes it the third totality in my life that I got to see.
    Last edited by CKJAmore; 04-08-2024 at 11:29 PM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD raghupundit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CKJAmore View Post
    Yeah, it was totally cool! I went to the center of the totality band (the yellow line on the maps) in Oklahoma, chasing clear skies, which I got.

I got to see the totality in its awesome splendor: saw the halo, the red beads, the diamond ring, and Sun?s red corona flares! Even dared to see the diamond ring for just a quick second with the naked eye. That’s perhaps the most bedazzling sight a human can ever see from this planet. Didn?t go blind, as far as I know, for now. Now, If I start mixing up the hobby girls in my reviews, I?ll know then if I went blind!

I even saw the planets in the night sky of the totality: Venus and Jupiter quite close to the sun, and some stars! It was fucking cool!Took some amazing photos.

This makes it the third totality in my life that I got to see.
    The Diamond ring was truly spectacular. Unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by raghupundit View Post
    The Diamond ring was truly spectacular. Unlike anything I've ever seen before.
    Oh, that it was! I am still in awe of that sight! Experienced 4 minutes about 20 seconds do that totality. Super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by CKJAmore View Post
    Oh, that it was! I am still in awe of that sight! Experienced 4 minutes about 20 seconds do that totality. Super cool!
    I saw that too. Had never seen anything like it. The whole experience was amazing. The next total eclipse visible from the U.S. isn’t for another 21 years (in California). I’ll be pretty old by then, so this might be my last total eclipse. I last saw one over 30 years ago, but didn’t have the right equipment to enjoy it.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    It was a pretty awesome sight. Might be a "Once-in-a-lifetime" thing. I might not be able to travel for any future ones. If I get cataracts in 5 years, I'll just file workers comp since the job gave us a chance to view it HA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast