Thread: Dommes and Doms, what inspires you?

Dommes and Doms, what inspires you?

When you think back to your early 20s, what inspired you to explore and enact your desires to be sexually dominant? How do you feel the life you lead beyond BDSM informs why you're inclined to be dominant? Are there dynamics that emerge in your life or people you know that intensify your desire to be dominant?

I'm curious to know what titillates you! Recently I've been reading more about subspace so now I'm left wondering about the other end of the spectrum.
    Returning to New Orleans February 27th to 29th, 2024

Deposit and verification required.
    Advance notice is greatly appreciated.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Hi Lena,
    Interesting questions. Mine is a long story. The short version is that I lost a bet and ended up meeting my “Old Guard” mentor by fulfilling the terms of the bet. That led to the exploration, which is where the story gets long.

The life I led in the past naturally lent itself to refining my dominant nature. I was in the military and was an officer. There’s something about developing someone that just does it for me. There was a French sculptor, Rodin, that said, “I choose a block of marble and chop off whatever I don’t need.” In my view, the hard part is finding the right block of marble to chip away at. It’s not all about removing, it’s also about refining and crafting something into the image you both desire.

As far as dynamics or people in my life… that’s tricky. Work has some instances where I have zero choice but to step into the fray and turn up the dominant “intensity”(for lack of a better word) and take charge. This typically happens during internal meetings. In other meetings with customers, I’m the silent observer that people turn to and ask questions of. People that trigger it are easier to explain. I came close to formally collaring a submissive long, long ago. Anyone that looks like, sounds like, tastes like or smells like her takes me right back to what we had and intensifies my desire to be dominant. I’ve had a couple since her, and the same thing occurs, although not to the same degree since we were just exploring.

Subspace is an interesting topic. I hope you get the opportunity to experience it, if you have not already.

Play Safe, Sane and Consensually!

-Sarin