Thread: Received a strange text today

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Received a strange text today

Hello,

I'm a former TX hobbyist, currently residing in NC. The hobby scene isn't nearly as good as back home in the DFW area. Though I've had some hits, but mostly misses 😅

I was curious how worried I should be about a vaguely worded text that I received today. It stated that my information is being monitored in connection with soliciting prostitution. They didn't state they were any form of Law Enforcement official. But due to the wording, and overall tone of the text. It seems to be just a thinly veiled phishing/extortion attempt.

I blocked the number & reported it as spam as my initial course of action.

Any advice, ideas, or thoughts on the subject would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Registered Male (Not Verified) Smerc's Avatar
    Ow. No burner #?

I'd ignore. Doubt LE are giving a heads up.

I'm sure someone out there would have called it and seen how good their sales tactics were. Never know what you can learn.
    Ignore though.

Did you check that number out? Check if the area code resides in a area where your cell company might HQ out of.
    Think even a cell company would address themselves as such. Not sure what's in their TOS about warrants.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    2 thoughts.

if the text came into your hobby phone is one thing, not a biggie. Likely someone's s.o. has accessed her hobby phone.

If the text came into your RW cell, then the issue is why are you not using a hobby phone!

Any case, you did the right thing, blocking and reporting the texting number as spam.

ijs
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - TBA
    San Antonio - TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!