I know I met her once when visiting you. Beautiful dog; I love the photo of y’all in matching pajamas.

I thought I was going to have to put down one of my dogs this week. Fortunately, it wasn’t as serious as I had feared. I’ve had to say goodbye to a few. It’s never easy, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to live without a dog or two in my life, despite that heartache. For me at least, a new furry friend makes it easier to get through the grief.

BTW, animal shelters all over are dealing with massive overcrowding thanks to people who brought home pets during the pandemic whose life circumstances have changed and now are unwilling or unable to care for their pets. Sadly, a lot of good companions are having to be put down because there just isn’t any room. Even the no-kill shelters are having to consider this alternative. Now is a good time to find that companion, if you’re of the mind to do so and the means to take care of them.

Hope the new year is filled with companionship for everyone…both furry and human!