Like Strix said - expect to get hustled. You might get really lucky and find "the one". Just set your expectations much, much lower.

Chat up, flirt with, and tip the waitress. Your best source of info in the club. Also, "choose your waitress". Stand at the bar and watch the waitresses. The good ones will stand out. Stop her, order a drink, ask her where you should sit, tip her when she brings your drink, and start talking to her.

I go to SCs for "the game". I'm good at it (lots of expensive lessons ...). I still get hustled 20-30% of the time because they're better. If you're new to the game, you're a mark and are going to get hustled. It's part of the rules.

I have had some great hookups with strippers and dated 3. Strippers are special flowers and often BSC. They are high maintenance. And amazing fucks. If you have "anything to lose", they'll cause problems - or at least threaten to. Plan your "divorce" from day 1. They are.

There are several strippers on the boards. The Versace Vixens are strippers and would be good practice for you (read the comments for what you can expect hooking up with a stripper). Jinx down in SA is/was a stripper and gets great reviews. Several others but they're all covered and on the higher end.

The very best ex-stripper I know of is Jessa Rose. I've seen her multiple times and subscribe to her OF. Great place to pop your stripper cherry (or just have a good time). Definitely a HDH.

Common sense is a definite "NO!". If you enjoy the game, it can be fun. And expensive. And, occasionally, rewarding.