Thread: What is the status of the site issues?? Update please

Verified Hobbyist BCD nameisdalton's Avatar

Unhappy What is the status of the site issues?? Update please

When is this site certificate issue going to be sorted out once and for all? It is a pain in the ass to view this site because I have to login after every two clicks. I am afraid these issues are going to discourage participation and this site will die a slow death.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    *web engineer based near Austin, I can fix this and could even assist in an upgrade/migration to a newer vBulletin (or a better platform).

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I am going to considerable risk even signing on here with the possibility of a man in the middle attack reading my security and hijacking my extant account and reading my correspondence. I am going to sign on once, maybe twice more, then delete everything and never come back.

This is juvenile and given the nature of our hobby and the current world we live in, dangerous to operate. I have no idea how anybody can run a site like this with the risks involved for all and NOT take care of this IMMEDIATELY.

Certificate renewal is just basics, if you can't take of business, shut it down and don't put all the ladies and their clients at risk.

Verified Hobbyist BCD nameisdalton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dark jedi View Post
    I am going to considerable risk even signing on here with the possibility of a man in the middle attack reading my security and hijacking my extant account and reading my correspondence. I am going to sign on once, maybe twice more, then delete everything and never come back.

This is juvenile and given the nature of our hobby and the current world we live in, dangerous to operate. I have no idea how anybody can run a site like this with the risks involved for all and NOT take care of this IMMEDIATELY.

Certificate renewal is just basics, if you can't take of business, shut it down and don't put all the ladies and their clients at risk.
    Agree...not cool to leave us hanging in the wind and vulnerable especially given the sensitive nature of the site.

The following is the most recent update...

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...=1#post1325745
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Still an issue

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
    Subject: www.ourhome2.net

Issuer: R3

Expires on: Apr 12, 2022

Current date: Aug 5, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
    The following is the most recent update...

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...=1#post1325745
    The problem is that update is factually inaccurate, and gives very dangerous advice. As long as OH2 continues to have these certificate issues, the risk of a man in the middle attack remains, whether that's LE, a scammer, or something else.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Any update on this security issue?