Thread: Coronavirous and hobbying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMe View Post
    Good one Cover.

Verified Companion Companion NaughtyAughty's Avatar
    I concur...I mean I live a pretty solitude & germaphobe life as it is! I just made a few tweeks to the entry way...I've installed a Mister system that pelts you with alcohol before entering haaaaa if anyone remembers the 83 movie Silkwood...baaahaaaaahaaaaa
    Everyone be mindful and stay safe!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    The circled caption in the photo above did not come from Sylvia Brown. It actually came from the Dean Koontz novel "The Eyes of Darkness" published in 1981. Later published copies the story calls the virus the Wuhan-400 and calling Wuhan the epicenter. Pretty close prediction but it was a fictional novel and the original had the virus as Russian originated, still kinda strange just the same

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyAughty View Post
    I concur...I mean I live a pretty solitude & germaphobe life as it is! I just made a few tweeks to the entry way...I've installed a Mister system that pelts you with alcohol before entering haaaaa if anyone remembers the 83 movie Silkwood...baaahaaaaahaaaaa
    Everyone be mindful and stay safe!
    I'm up bleaching everything, before I start my day.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGo76 View Post
    The circled caption in the photo above did not come from Sylvia Brown. It actually came from the Dean Koontz novel "The Eyes of Darkness" published in 1981. Later published copies the story calls the virus the Wuhan-400 and calling Wuhan the epicenter. Pretty close prediction but it was a fictional novel and the original had the virus as Russian originated, still kinda strange just the same
    Thanks for the info dear, but it's things that make you go hmm .

Morning all, have been quarantined for the last couple of weeks. Just to sort of follow up on everything as it develops and well it’s been a nice vacation from the real life hectic shit. I am enjoying this. I also have been on my monthly so that just sort of worked itself out anyway along with not getting off the couch after a major grocery shopping endeavor. I am still open for business and will be posting some time this next week. Early days. But yes I will be taking extra steps with friends to, at the very least, prevent what we can while still having our fun. Plus plenty of sanitizing is already a habit of mine at my spot. Happy to see fully verified folks but this time will be asking a few more questions... I know a few pilots that have come my way in the past and I just am gonna stick to certain “backgrounds” or other folks staying home until we get more information.

Staying home and goin to my incall location and maybe a few food deliveries are my main goals for the next 2 more weeks. But just wanted to send out that quick ez update. Ladies and gent friends please stay safe and enjoy this downtime. We could all use the rest and reminder to come back down to earth and pause to smell the flowers... alone. Lol.
    Summer Changes> Booking Exoticezra@yahoo.com / P411 Request
    New Rates: 1/400 1.5/500 2/600
    Available Evenings + Weekends Outcall
    Daytime/Incall Requests must plan in advance.
    Must be screened/verified and over 40 yrs of age.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    No matter how clean or sanitary you are, small contact of any kind with someone carrying or actively afflicted can pass it on to you. No way to know if you too will just carry it or become afflicted. You can take an alcohol bath and 30 seconds later still pass it to someone else. Most of these sanitary habits should be part of daily living anyways. The CDC doesn’t say stay away from others outside your household unless you are a clean person. There isn’t a loophole to being so clean you made yourself immune.

We are supposed to quarantine because our medical system would collapse if mass amounts of people become ill simultaneously. We already see issues with our production capacities on almost every level are insufficient to support chaos and panic shopping. Those with more years behind them are already more susceptible to dying from this flu-like virus. You go around contacting strangers that have contacted other strangers and it forms a web that is almost endless which is the way pandemics occur in the first place. What is worse is you might not be likely to die from it but your parents are, your family, a young baby with a weak immune system, and on and on. This is not about protecting yourself, this is about protecting the human race, the functionality/sustainability of the world we have created, and all those lives and industries that would be crushed if we lost the oldest and youngest 1/3 of our population.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyEcstatic View Post
    No matter how clean or sanitary you are, small contact of any kind with someone carrying or actively afflicted can pass it on to you. No way to know if you too will just carry it or become afflicted. You can take an alcohol bath and 30 seconds later still pass it to someone else. Most of these sanitary habits should be part of daily living anyways. The CDC doesn’t say stay away from others outside your household unless you are a clean person. There isn’t a loophole to being so clean you made yourself immune.

We are supposed to quarantine because our medical system would collapse if mass amounts of people become ill simultaneously. We already see issues with our production capacities on almost every level are insufficient to support chaos and panic shopping. Those with more years behind them are already more susceptible to dying from this flu-like virus. You go around contacting strangers that have contacted other strangers and it forms a web that is almost endless which is the way pandemics occur in the first place. What is worse is you might not be likely to die from it but your parents are, your family, a young baby with a weak immune system, and on and on. This is not about protecting yourself, this is about protecting the human race, the functionality/sustainability of the world we have created, and all those lives and industries that would be crushed if we lost the oldest and youngest 1/3 of our population.

if this is a reply for me, ok thanks. But already knew every bit of this. I know what a pandemic is and how it works. I know how the immune system works. I know about carriers I know who’s susceptible, and I know what CDC is saying. I think most of us do. Thanks. And while I respect your second paragraph, the people on this site are still going to do what they want to do and see or not see who they choose. Your PSA warning is wonderful. Truly. But falls on some deaf ears. Those that still want to partake. Men AND women. Sorry man. But hey at least you know you’re safe at home not booking anyone and doing whatever it is that makes you feel better. Soaking in alcohol or not being apart of those strangers who meet with other strangers and so on, forming that endless web you speak about.

please keep in mind, some of us wanting to just do it w whomever we choose down the road is Us not TRYING to PURPOSELY put our entire human race in harms way or kill 1/3 of our population. Sorry you feel that way bruh.

But I bet, if you posted this on Facebook or insta you would get a shit load of traction. Haven’t done a poll, but there’s a percentage here that doesn’t want to stop. And there’s a portion on here that is stopping completely until they feel better about coming back. All of us are just going to have to respect both sides. If you can’t, that’s cool too. You’ll still have to “accept” it.

Try to relax and rest like I mentioned. It’ll do ya some good. If it gets worse I will personally start doomsday prepping with you. I have done plenty of research.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by exoticezra View Post
    if this is a reply for me, ok thanks. But already knew every bit of this. I know what a pandemic is and how it works. I know how the immune system works. I know about carriers I know who’s susceptible, and I know what CDC is saying. I think most of us do. Thanks. And while I respect your second paragraph, the people on this site are still going to do what they want to do and see or not see who they choose. Your PSA warning is wonderful. Truly. But falls on some deaf ears. Those that still want to partake. Men AND women. Sorry man. But hey at least you know you’re safe at home not booking anyone and doing whatever it is that makes you feel better. Soaking in alcohol or not being apart of those strangers who meet with other strangers and so on, forming that endless web you speak about.

please keep in mind, some of us wanting to just do it w whomever we choose down the road is Us not TRYING to PURPOSELY put our entire human race in harms way or kill 1/3 of our population. Sorry you feel that way bruh.

But I bet, if you posted this on Facebook or insta you would get a shit load of traction. Haven’t done a poll, but there’s a percentage here that doesn’t want to stop. And there’s a portion on here that is stopping completely until they feel better about coming back. All of us are just going to have to respect both sides. If you can’t, that’s cool too. You’ll still have to “accept” it.

Try to relax and rest like I mentioned. It’ll do ya some good. If it gets worse I will personally start doomsday prepping with you. I have done plenty of research.
    I think just about everyone wants it to stop. And I have posted it and it is 100%. People deciding they know better than the CDC and scientists and experts on the subject are what prolongs the situation and increase the chance of the world approaching a grand collapse.

Yes people will do as they please, the desire is for people to understand what the situation could become and for people to choose sacrificing their daily routines and pleasures of living for the sake of life, recovery, and prosperity of the world. It was not directed at you, but that reply makes it appear you were offended by the truth and have no desire to stay quarantined for the sake of others.

We have seen how other countries have taken quarantines and laws to the extreme. Here in the US we were given the opportunity to make the adult choices ourselves and not be forcibly locked down and policed. At least half of the country is already shut down and yet the situation doesn’t seem dire to you and many others yet. If we don’t make the adult choices on our own, and the situation continues to grow (literally is picking up pace in the US and Texas as we speak), then we will end up being forced by the police and government like we are children. We have already seen people shopping like children, no concern for others and those most at risk.

At this point the progression and exponential degradation of life as it was is heavily dependent on what we do. Thinking about only ourselves will just drive the world into the ground. If you are doing the research then I would expect complete agreement and support as some of this information comes verbatim from the CDC.

We are not currently at a cataclysmic event, we are trying to prevent one as a human race.

Have a great day everyone!

Retired Companion

Thumbs down

No matter how clean or sanitary you are, small contact of any kind with someone carrying or actively afflicted can pass it on to you.
    False.

No idea what 'small contact' is. It's either direct contact or indirect contact.

You make it sound as if just being in the presence of an infected person will cause infection.

Airborne diseases/pathogens are not that black and white, sir....

You can take an alcohol bath and 30 seconds later still pass it to someone else.
    False.

Again, you're making it sound like just being in an infected person's presence is going to cause infection.

Yes, this is an airborne illness; however....

Exposure to a patient or animal with an airborne disease does not guarantee receiving the disease. 1

Be aware that there are other factors that also contribute to infection/exposure such as
    changes in host immunity and how much the host was exposed to the particles
    in the air will overall make a determine how the disease will affect the host 1

BTW y'all, this virus can live in the air for up to three hours.2

No way to know if you too will just carry it or become afflicted.
    False.

Testing will let you know if you're positively carrying it.

If there was no way of knowing, South Korea, Taiwan, etc. would NOT be anywhere near
    recovery/containment as they are currently if they had no tests 3

The CDC doesn’t say stay away from others outside your household unless you are a clean person. There isn’t a loophole to being so clean you made yourself immune.
    let's not forget when CDC let out a quarantined patient into the wild before getting the results of the
    final test that revealed the patient was positive for the virus 4

We are supposed to quarantine because our medical system would collapse if mass amounts of people become ill simultaneously.
    “Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment – try getting it yourselves." --- guess who said that? 5

A medical system that's completely co-opted by a corporate elite that's based on profiting off of sick people nor benefit the patient, is already collapsed.

Now, hospitals need more equipment and are even asking their communities for help6

We already see issues with our production capacities on almost every level are insufficient to support chaos and panic shopping.
    Biggest issue is weak central leadership poorly responding to a crisis,
    and that'll initiate chaos from lack of planning, enforcement, containment, etc.

COVID-19 began infecting folks in 2019, and the nations that started to finally take it seriously in 2020, are floundering in chaos & panic

However, in South Korea.......

This is not about protecting yourself, this is about protecting the human race, the functionality/sustainability of the world we have created, and all those lives and industries that would be crushed if we lost the oldest and youngest 1/3 of our population.
    I agree, but when a nation has a former reality TV star as their leader with no prior political experience (nor military experience), 7
    ignore all the warning signs of a potential pandemic likely isn't concerned with protecting humanity.... 8

Wow. Blown away. And once again, just simple replies w straightforward answers. (Facts and zero histrionics ) Most of the people around me IRL are in medical field. I often listen in on their convos. I understand about half the shit. When they start using numbers as codes or specific acronyms that aren’t common to the public, I’m lost. Lol You speak nurse or physician jargon. I mean as my very first guess. But it sounds like you are in some position inside the field. Obviously no need to confirm due to security but was taking a guess. Unless you’re just that good at it with the info at hand. While reading, it was exactly the way my good friend (nurse practitioner) and fam. Member, a physician speaks or texts. Lol was just taking a stab at it.

well look at that bruh, sounds like with the PROPER statements above the world won’t end after all.

but as for the supply and medical care shortage, the economy, and the reality star at the top w no former experience... now this Is what probably scares me the most. Not the virus. But won’t go there because this can easily turn. IF you could all see me clapping doing cartwheels and cheering on an intelligent woman i don’t even know .... To these beautiful answers broken down into 8 points addressing each and every (absurd in my mind) POV of his, from a scientific and medical standpoint straight from this well articulate babe here.... I mean... I’m dead. That was iconic. God I love when a woman can put it down in writing ever so clearly simply and gracefully wo getting so erratic, irrational, or judgmental and still mic drops the shit out of the discussion. I’m not above it to hit back harder when someone gets personal with me... I will be Learning a thing or two from what you wrote and how you wrote it.....now that’s how it’s done. Cheers to this.