Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
The problem is and always has been, JJ needs to fire the GM and replace him with a football guru. But that is not going to happen, so I am afraid what we have seen for this last quarter of a century is the best we are going to get.
I agree with this ^^^^ I Don’t see JJ firing the President/GM a/k/a himself!! He is a football legend in his own mind. The smartest thing he ever did was hire Jimmy Johnson. The dumbest thing...I’m not sure where to even begin there.

However, I will make a prediction for the new year. I predict JJ, a/k/a Goober will not renew Opie’s contract next year. I predict Goober will hire another puppet. We can call him...Gomer. JJ will still be controlling Gomer’s strings so you Dallas fans just stay in this cycle of futility. Since all management consists of Goober’s relatives, they won’t vote him out in fear of being disinherited.

The real question is why are there so many people willing to follow Goober into football abyss year end and year out? If JJ understands nothing else, he understands Money!! If the fan base stopped buying season tickets; stopped attending games; stopped tuning in on television, I predict Goober would step aside but until that happens, JJ will keep stroking his megalomania with ticket & merchandise sales and corporate sponsorship money resulting in the same dysfunctional group of athletes called the Dallas Cowboys underachieving yet another year.