Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is quiet...

Too quiet. So is there an issue of loyalty re. this place and ASPD? Is it seen as disloyal to be on this site? I don't expect a public answer, private ones welcome.

Good luck to the site!

Leah Ireland x
    www.LeahIreland.com

Twitter - Leah Ireland

Location; South Beach and travelling - a lot.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Leah, glad you asked.

Home2's original intent was to be of service mainly to the M&G communities more so than to the main community. But, when the need for bandwidth was urgent, we opened H2 to the rest of the membership and 6,500 found this a welcome refuge during the blackout. Newly imposed restrictions there (provider ads, nudity, adult content) mean bandwidth here will be in more demand.

"Loyalty" to any board is way over-placed. What should manifest is loyalty to the community at large and definitely to any of its varied sub-groups or segments (such as HDH, if you please). Please apply that precept both for individuals and to board management, too.

Any board that serves the hobbying community well will survive and thrive. imo, the primary way to do that is by enforcing rules of content and respect and by keeping the drama to a minimum.

Take care out there!
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Thanks CK, I definitely feel it&#39;s silly to restrict oneself to particular boards out of &#39;loyalty&#39;.
    www.LeahIreland.com

Twitter - Leah Ireland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Dec 30 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Leah, glad you asked.

Home2&#39;s original intent was to be of service mainly to the M&G communities more so than to the main community. But, when the need for bandwidth was urgent, we opened H2 to the rest of the membership and 6,500 found this a welcome refuge during the blackout. Newly imposed restrictions there (provider ads, nudity, adult content) mean bandwidth here will be in more demand.

"Loyalty" to any board is way over-placed. What should manifest is loyalty to the community at large and definitely to any of its varied sub-groups or segments (such as HDH, if you please). Please apply that precept both for individuals and to board management, too.

Any board that serves the hobbying community well will survive and thrive. imo, the primary way to do that is by enforcing rules of content and respect and by keeping the drama to a minimum.

Take care out there![/b]
    Well, you have my loyalty CK. Given the current leadership "over there" doing everything possible to run that once wonderful board into the ground the tombstone can&#39;t go up quick enough in my opinion.

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
    - Mark Twain

Click here to explore a few forbidden things!

Still Looking Around girlnextdoor2007's Avatar

Angry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anonone @ Jan 2 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well, you have my loyalty CK. Given the current leadership "over there" doing everything possible to run that once wonderful board into the ground the tombstone can&#39;t go up quick enough in my opinion.[/b]
    I dont think it is DIS-loyal, mind you I received an email that ASPD was shutting its doors so everyone was given THIS outlet just in case.....I think it&#39;s great to have this site :)
    Discreetly Yours
    ...In Toronto:)

Verified Hobbyist BCD CyberProf's Avatar
    Loyalty and respect are things that are earned by people and organizations through their actions. I am loyal and respect my ountry, fellow service members (not just USN - although they are the smarter ones) and friends I have met and had a chance to learn their character. This includes people of both genders on here, but not all I have met.

Boards are only a vehcile to assist communications
    Commoner&#39;s three laws of ecology: (1) No action is without side-effects. (2) Nothing ever goes away. (3) There is no free lunch.

Looks like there is nothing left for one to be loyal to at this point - if one were. Thats like saying - that ASPD was the only board in the world - LOL. That absurd.

Looks like the plug was pulled earlier than lat January as I had read. But oh well.

(However - I did want to save my old reviews from over there - but I waited too late.)
    P411 Member and Date Check Are Great Tools
    Women are Wonderful

It&#39;s not a matter of loyalty. I belong to a dozen boards. I just check into the active local ones more often.

I&#39;ve been a member here for a year now, but haven&#39;t posted much because there wasn&#39;t a lot of activity. I know it&#39;s kind of a chicken-and-an-egg scenario. If I&#39;d posted more then there WOULD have been more activity :)

<span style="color:#FF0000">Sweet as HONEY + Soft as a ROSE = Honey Rose
    HONEY blonde hair + ROSE petal skin= Honey Rose
    email me at: MissHoneyRose@Yahoo.com
    </span>
    http://da.cityvibe.com/hipub/photos/DA/004700001_th.gif

Elite Girlfriend Extraordinaire Sophie Simone's Avatar
    I&#39;m happy to have this board as well and plan to get more involved. :)

xoxo Sophie

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    About all I can add to what was posted above is that

Boards do not "own" members...they owe members.

We&#39;re glad you are here even if you are elsewhere as well.

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

San Antonio - April TBA

Ladies, please note:
    --
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

I&#39;ve just come back to this board after a while as I couldn&#39;t remember the name of the board - it&#39;s a bit complex isn&#39;t it, how about renaming it?

Leah Ireland x
    www.LeahIreland.com

Twitter - Leah Ireland

Retired Administrator
    In all sincerity Leah ==> that is a very high priority item for us at this time. Its just a little more complicated than one might think. Thank you very very much for your concern and question.
    Have a nice weekend folks....

Still Looking Around girlnextdoor2007's Avatar
    Wow very quiet :(
    Discreetly Yours
    ...In Toronto:)

Well, quiet is as quiet does.... Very little "drama" here and those here like that.

We do have some system upgrades in the works (yes, I know, promises, promises) and this board will be relaunched when the upgrades are more or less completed.

Will home2 become more active? Probably, but home2 is not intended as a be-all, end-all for the greater communities.

Folks that want less drama always appreciate having that choice.

= = = = =

San Antonio - April TBA

Ladies, please note:
    --

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast