Thread: Criteria For Closing A Thread?

I posted a thread earlier in Coed Discussion asking about the ASPD access problem today and there were a handful of posts. One of those was by Matador who pointed out that there was an announcement about it. I wanted to thank him for the info. because I hadn't seen the announcement, but I couldn't because the thread had then been closed. I'm just wondering why?

Nothing defamatory was posted that I could see. Just kinda seemed a bit fast to close it. Is it forbidden to encourage discussion about this topic? If so, I didn't know about it. The question was asked and it was answered but to then close it? I didn't see any harm in it remaining open. I certainly didn't request that it be closed. What's that about? *BTW...Thank You, Matador! I just hadn't seen the announcement and now feel so...DUH! LOL I would have thanked you by posting in the thread if it hadn't been closed.*

Anyway, I just didn't see any compelling reason to close it. Heck, how many threads seem to go on and on about "Don't take a dump at my incall" and such? I have no problem with those either as they're funny as heck but Come On!

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    I'd have to look at the thread and see who closed it to respond properly. However, since we expect more than a few "aspd is down" threads, back when we conglomerated all of those into the General forum so folks could see what's what.

There is a boardwide announcement at the top of all forums which I will update whenever we get some real information.

For those who haven't read the announcement, there's a hardware memory issue; it has been located and is being repaired. After it is repair, whoever must run some tests to make sure all is working properly.

I cannot say how long either the repair or the testing will take. But, I figure not more than a day or two. And that "figure" is very unofficial.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - TBA
    San Antonio - TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!