Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ooooohhh...love it!!!

I'm watching VH-1 and darn there are some great ole songs that they are rolling through on their "One hit wonders of the 80's"....I didnt even know half of these were just one hit wonders.

Here are a couple:

Patrice Rushen - Forget me nots (what a FANTASTIC song)

Vixen - living on the edge of a broken heart (never heard of them lol)

Ziggy Marley - tomorrow people

Nick Kershaw - wouldn't it be good

Now see this is where I wish I were as good as WTF with the link thing because I'd insert the youtube clip for Patrice Rushen which is one of the most heavily sampled hits ever (well, according to VH-1 it is lol).

Patrice Rushen - Forget me Nots

If the link above worked I'm giving myself a big gold star on my forehead lol. (btw WTF...the bell boy shaking his ass right at the beginning made me think of you...and I have NO IDEA why lol).

There are loads of them!!. Admittedly, some of them are sheer...well crap, which is why they were one hit wonders, but hell, some are REALLY good.

Ziggy Marley and Julian Lennon never really stood a chance did they following in the footsteps of such famous fathers?

So what one hit wonder (any decade) do you really like?

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you have never been hurt and dance like nobody is watching" Satchel Paige

" Life is not about the number of breaths you take, but the number of moments that take your breath away" anonymous

Verified Companion Companion Ansley Ayers's Avatar
    Hands down, Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.
    <span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">~Ansley~</span>
    There is a fine line between having a good time and being a wanton slut. I know. My toe has been on that line.

Camille,

Hilarious! I was watching the same thing. :)
    Besos,

Audra Baron

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camille @ Mar 31 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    (btw WTF...the bell boy shaking his ass right at the beginning made me think of you...and I have NO IDEA why lol).[/b]
    Holy cow....that cat was the the last boy with a long line of older brothers! ....that was double dose of nature and nuture

Hahahaha WTF...you&#39;re on a rolllllllllllllllll

Harold Falte-whatsit (you know...the Beverly Hills Cop tune)

T&#39;Pau (A little bit of heart and soul sing it....."Something in the moonlight catches my eye..la la la" lol)

Paul Hardcastle "19" (what a ground breaking song that was....Good Lord, I think I was about 10 when that came out!!)

Jack Wagner (he had a song?????????? who knew!)

Oh I&#39;m laughing so hard at the clothes and super BIG hair. I have to wonder how much hairspray was used in the 80&#39;s??)

Allanah Myles (Black Velvet...Oh I loved this song!!!!!!)

"Work like you don&#39;t need the money, love like you have never been hurt and dance like nobody is watching" Satchel Paige

" Life is not about the number of breaths you take, but the number of moments that take your breath away" anonymous

Timex Social Club, Rumors
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsayCi8DDIs

That song reminds me so much of ASPD.
    There is a fine line between having a good time and being a wanton slut. I know. My toe has been on that line.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ansley Ayers @ Apr 1 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Timex Social Club, Rumors
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsayCi8DDIs

That song reminds me so much of ASPD. [/b]
    Oh that makes me laugh!
    I remember this being the hip song at school and all the cool kids listened to it and I so badly wnated to be cool too..but I was crap at it lol.
    I think this song was when I realized that boys could actually dance...well sort of :P

"Work like you don&#39;t need the money, love like you have never been hurt and dance like nobody is watching" Satchel Paige

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camille @ Apr 1 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Oh that makes me laugh!
    I remember this being the hip song at school and all the cool kids listened to it and I so badly wnated to be cool too..but I was crap at it lol.
    I think this song was when I realized that boys could actually dance...well sort of :P[/b]
    Yea I was newly divorced (yes, I married early) and trying to figure it all out. Oh wait, I&#39;m still trying to figure it all out. :D

Aggieland - But here and there also, ASPD Member since 2000
    But whom was the original by?

Camille, now that you are an Semi-Texan you need to start hanging out places like below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q85rPq1u9sc

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woody of TX @ Apr 1 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    But whom was the original by?[/b]
    I&#39;m not that old. Sooo Woody, who was the original by?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ansley Ayers @ Apr 1 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;m not that old. Sooo Woody, who was the original by? [/b]
    Timex Social Club

I was getting mixed up with the other Rumors which was written with Lindsey Lohan...

I was wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woody of TX @ Apr 1 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I was wrong.[/b]
    Oooo say it again. Love it when a man says those words. :P

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    My favorite one hit wonder is Coven&#39;s "One Tin Soldier"...... wanted to grow up and be Billy Jack!

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/c/coven/o...in_soldier.html

"Peace on Earth" was all it said

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ansley Ayers @ Apr 1 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Oooo say it again. Love it when a man says those words. :P[/b]

And I am a good ass kisser too....

"I was wrong" :D

You will pay thou!

May have to add a year, but Ooooooohhh...love this one: Divynls "I Touch Myself"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTneO6UgRuM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast