Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lunch time Social?

Sounds great !

I am currently out of the country.

I gotta get back, see 2 providers, and get re-certified.

By then, I may be too tired to attend. :blink:

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CivilBarrister @ Feb 25 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    TBone - I appreciate this note. It takes a lot of my time and CK&#39;s time to put these things together. Food and booze does cost some $$, but it is also pricy for the venue to get their people to show up, including security, valet, and the 4 people who run the venue.[/b]
    Actually this is not how it use to be run. When we use to meet for lunch it was at a public restaurant with a separate room. We ordered off the menu, chatted, eat and had a good time. One place, since closed, was Joe&#39;s Crab Shack on Richmond. No private venue, no one was out any money, we just showed and paid for our own. I think it would work again.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    CB - I can make on that day (but not Tuesday or Wednesday should you want to move it). Days in other weeks is TBD. Hope it flies.

I think the informal approach that Louie mentioned works well, especially if it&#39;s at a counter-service place where ordering logistics aren&#39;t an issue. These sorts of lunches are very low-key affairs, and aren&#39;t nearly as involved to set up as the major soirées like your parties, CB.
    The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less. -- Brendan Behan
    There is need of variety in sex, but not in love. -- Theodore Reik
    I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy. -- Steve Martin

My availability during lunch varies - and does so at the last minutes. While I&#39;d love to try and make it, there&#39;s no way I can commit. I had lunch plans today and had to cancel due to a last minute meeting that popped up.

Delightfully Delectable Diva KandyKara528's Avatar
    May I ask if this will be at a private location or an actual restaurant?

www.preferred411.com/houston/karalynnkelley

You can pay for school, but you can&#39;t buy class. -- Jay-Z

Purechocolatebliss@yahoo.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KandyKara528 @ Feb 25 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    May I ask if this will be at a private location or an actual restaurant?[/b]
    I believe the plan is the usual stomping ground...
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Let me add that Blowpop and I have been attending lunches since 2000. We have both put on some. All have been at public restaurants and all have gone off without a hitch. Many were in the Galleria area or on I-10 so that people could get there fast and easy from either downtown or the Galleria area. While the private venue might be fine for evening socials I do not think it would be as successful as lunch location.

Verified Hobbyist BCD usetacould's Avatar
    Count me in for any daytime activities.
    Guys say when is he going to give us a break...Women say Gawd I hope he comes back soon.

The "lunch" part is not why I would be going

I would love to go,
    I&#39;m so drunk I can&#39;t spell my name.

Louie, I&#39;m thinking that what CB is thinking about is different than the kinds of lunch events we&#39;re familiar with. I think both types of events can be very successful. I&#39;m up for whatever CB has in mind.
    The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less. -- Brendan Behan
    There is need of variety in sex, but not in love. -- Theodore Reik
    I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy. -- Steve Martin

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    Louie - I am with TBone - I am not going simply for lunch. If I want lunch, I will go to Treasures.

The public rest. type meeting does not allow for walking around and mingling with people. It certainly dosn&#39;t allow for our ladies to dress up and look sexy, like SOOOOO many love to do for our other parties.

If you want to have a "company" style lunch around a big table, please do the work and set it up.

The reason CK and I have been having the large evening socials and we are interested in setting up a lunch type social is because NO ONE has done it in Houston in YEARS!

And BTW, I used to have lunches on Fridays at my house - with about a dozen people - one of our members loves to cook and would come over and cook, etc. They are MUCH more fun than going to Denny&#39;s.

1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

Delightfully Delectable Diva KandyKara528's Avatar
    Thanks CB and CK for always finding a reason for us to party! Your hard work is truly appreciated.

However, I don&#39;t think I&#39;m too keen on the usual setting for a meet-n-greet in the middle of the day.

Reserving the patio at a low-key restaurant for lunch mid-week seems more appropriate to me. CB you mentioned you prefer the typical venue because the girls have the freedom to dress more sexy (READ: like strippers!) in the middle of the day; but yet you don&#39;t want to go to treasures?! :) Hell, at least if we do it at a more open location, you can see what the providers look like in daylight (versus strobe/blacklight!)!

And simply speaking as a lady here, I prefer jeans and a t-shirt at noon on Thursday more so than my "stripperella" get-up! :) How do you other ladies feel? And do you gents mind seeing us in natural light wearing normal clothes?

www.preferred411.com/houston/karalynnkelley

You can pay for school, but you can&#39;t buy class. -- Jay-Z

Purechocolatebliss@yahoo.com

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    Ck and I just had a LONG chat about the lunch social. He is going to send out an EMail/poll with a couple of options.

Since it is the first lunch/daytime social in a while, I am up for almost anything (Actually I am up most of the time whenever any of our lovely providers are around)

So, please check your email and respond (if you don&#39;t respond you have no standing to BITCH about which ever option we chose)

The lunch is STILL going to be on 3/29 from about noon till about 5-6 irrespective of where we have it.

That way people can come and go as their day permits.

1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast