Thread: Radical Changes to save the economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Today? IN eneral? Damn Houston most of the time
    What we really disagree on is what is a "fair" share. If you want to base your fair share on what you get from the government then the income tax system we have is slightly backwards in my estimation.
    I really dont want to go there as those that use the most government services would pay the most and those that use less amounts should pay the least. Or in another thought if I provide employment and healthcare to X number of workers my taxes should be reduced, but I really dont think that is what would happen.

I work very hard and long hours and take financial risks to rpovide employment opportunities in order to be rewarded for my effort. I am a part of one of those small businesses that will see my taxes increased as a result of our Presidents spend thrift ways. I dont know where he is going to get the 5 or 6 trillion he will need to keep his promises that he made the other night.

Like I said, I really dont mind paying taxes as long as they are reasonable and the government is being a good steward of our money. It is our mioney after all. I also agree with you on "giving tax breaks"as I think that all taxes should be of a temporary basis and must be renewed with each new legislative session. I dont care if it is during a time of war ore a time of peace. I firmly agree with a pay as you go policy and that is why I believe that government has become way too big. Obama is taking out a mortage that we cant afford to pay just like the idiots that bought houses that they couldnt afford at some point in time the collapse will become final. I think that we will see another round of infalation that the government will not be able to hide or flim flam the numbers to make it appear that there is no inflation.

I dont think that a tax cut to some and a tax increase to others is really fair.
    If you rob Paul to pay Peter you can always count on Peter's support.

So Bigtex are you a Peter?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2Dogs @ Feb 26 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    So Bigtex are you a Peter?[/b]
    No! Are you?