Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Radical Changes to save the economy

Flat tax!
    Pussy is the new black!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (malebolgia @ Mar 16 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Flat tax![/b]
    Damn Right, Malebolgia! And let&#39;s resume Capitalism quicksmart. Fuckabuncha commie Nomenklatura and the Hopey-Changie Useful Idiots they rode in on.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The first thing we need to do is actually understand what a flat tax is and how it would effect taxpayers. I realize slogans and soundbytes are the norm around here but hopefully we will try and raise the bar and actually research proposals before spouting off something that could fix all our ill&#39;s.

http://www.wordwiz72.com/flattax.html

The simplistic "flat tax" idea is once again a topic of hot conversation in political and economic circles. While this interest is largely fueled by a spate of proposals calling themselves a "flat tax" it is important to consider the idea of the flat tax itself apart from the specific proposals, especially since NONE of the "flat tax" proposals currently being considered actually addresses the true theoretical concept of a real flat tax. The proposals are primarily offered as either recommendations for tax simplification (which is an important issue but entirely unrelated to the issue of tax rate structure, as noted later in this commentary) or are not actually flat, as also noted below.

In addition to discussing the problems with the theoretical model of a true flat tax, this commentary will also briefly discuss why current proposals are not real flat tax systems at all and also discuss the important issue of tax simplification and reform

Registered Male (Not Verified) juan2fork's Avatar
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Financial-ex...f-14734171.html

What will the neo-con&#39;s complain about if he turns this fucked-up economy around?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (juan2fork @ Mar 26 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Financial-ex...f-14734171.html

What will the neo-con&#39;s complain about if he turns this fucked-up economy around?[/b]
    The business cycle is working in his favor....much like it did for Reagan. They are going to have to eat caca and the funny thing is it really isn&#39;t Obama that will have done a damn thing to turn around a cycle that would have turned around with or without him.

Today? IN eneral? Damn Houston most of the time
    I wonder how much we can gert for Yellowstone Park when we have to liquidate the Trasury.
    What would our share of the space station be worth?
    I am sure we could get some pretty good coin for Alaska fed lands.

I dont know how many times Obama can go to the well at Treasury and get the cash he wants to spend his way out of this.

The economy will eventually recover although it may not be as robust or as inflationary as it was the previous years. I dont think that any recovery will be or should be blamed on Obama soley.

I wish I was as wel to do as the President thinks I am.
    I guess he feels it is time to punish my hard work and risk I have taken by investing in what I know best.
    The goodnews and the bad news is that this year I may just be little less than well to do the badnews is this year I will be a little less than well to do. Maybe next year I will GT MY CHECK.
    Really I dfont want a check, I would rather keep the tax reductions in place.

I guess I will still get punished for my prudent management of my money, time and resources.
    Why oh why did i not buy a house I couldnt afford so the government could now bail me out and I could have a McMansion and leave the well to do holding the bag. Is it too late to get in on that scam?
    Why oh why diodnt I run up massive debt I knew I could never repay, if I had only known the government was there to bail me out, damn. Why did I scrimp and save so I could pay cash for what I have, oh how dumb I must look now, I even paid off my upper low class house in Running Rat Acres, why didnt I wait for my bailout. I knew I should have taken out equity loans I couldnt pay for. Woe is me, woe is me.

How could I be so dumb as to try to rise above the median with my modest means. Why didnt I become a government authorized crook, oh Barney Frank where did I go wrong? What about my toxic assets?
    I know, I will refinance my house for moree than it is worth, then default on the loan, and get Obama to help negotiate a better price that I can pay and pocket the difference, wow I am starting to think like a democrat. Fresh brains, fresh brains, fresh brains..................

Fresh thread, fresh thread, fresh thread.....
    Damn! Does this count as one of my three per day?
    Chillin&#39; on the porch.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4