Thread: Anybody watch the Oscars?

Verified Hobbyist BCD metal_head's Avatar
    I normally don't watch award shows, but I was watching the Oscars last night and I saw that "Slumdog Millionaire" had a great night and got the Best Picture Award. The movie cost only $15 million to make and has now grossed over $160 million. Not bad. I actually got to see this movie back when it came out around December. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. Trust Metal_Head on this one.

Actually, right after I saw it, I was with a provider and told her about the movie. Actually, if I remember corectly, I chuckeled when I was reminded about a part in the movie. She asked what was funny, and I told her about the movie. Well, she thought I was lying to her and making up the movie entirely. Ha. I wish I could think of something like that!

Really, though, if you haven't seen it, go see it. Even Metal_Head thinks that movie rocks!
    "All my life I've been over the top. I don't know what I'm doing, all I know is I don't wanna stop." Ozzy

Verified Hobbyist BCD geniusman's Avatar
    I didn't see it since I was working last night

It's a good movie. Only bad thing about it is there weren't more scenes with the lead actress.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JayAre @ Feb 23 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It&#39;s a good movie. Only bad thing about it is there weren&#39;t more scenes with the lead actress.[/b]

I thought it was very good movie. The problem for me was all of my friends were saying it was the best movie they had ever seen. It&#39;s definitley not the best movie Ive ever seen. But very good.

The movie is entertaining for sure.

But Frieda Pinto is so so hot. She needs to get nekkid in a movie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (metal_head @ Feb 23 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Actually, right after I saw it, I was with a provider and told her about the movie. Actually, if I remember corectly, I chuckeled when I was reminded about a part in the movie. She asked what was funny, and I told her about the movie. Well, she thought I was lying to her and making up the movie entirely. Ha. I wish I could think of something like that![/b]
    Which scene? The one where he escaped from the outhouse? I&#39;m just glad that the two kids actually from the slums are being taken care of (e.g., education, new house, stipend, and trust fund).
    Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences that money can buy. ~Steve Martin

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein

Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me. ~Steve Jobs