Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: "Breaking News" Obama Considers Tax on Cabinet

very funny, I only wish the POTUS could get those knuckleheads to pay their taxes on time. and quit useing excuses everytime they get caught

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (simpleton @ Feb 24 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    very funny, I only wish the POTUS could get those knuckleheads to pay their taxes on time. and quit useing excuses everytime they get caught[/b]
    I suspect the POTUS has the same level of control over "those knuckleheads" as any other employer has over an employee. In other words, he has control over whether employment taxes are withheld from the paycheck but he has very little, if any, control over whether non-employment related taxes are paid on time. Just as any employer he has no control whatsoever over whether taxes were paid on time prior to the employer/employee relationship having begun in the first place.

On the other hand, an employer does have the authority to garnish wages for repayment of back taxes but that is an act initiated by the IRS or the courts, not the employer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4