Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Breaking News" Obama Considers Tax on Cabinet

Verified Companion AlexisSoftTouch's Avatar

Exclamation

Breaking News

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="color:#708090"><span style="font-family:Times New Roman">Would Create Budget Surplus, Experts Believe</span>

President Barack Obama is mulling a controversial new tax program that would require members of his Cabinet to pay taxes owed under the Federal tax code, the White House confirmed today.
    While the unorthodox tax proposal is reportedly "only in the planning stages," it is being eyed as a possible way to balance the Federal budget.
    "According to projections, if members of the Cabinet actually paid their taxes, we could wind up with a budget surplus in excess of $18.2 billion," said Obama economic adviser Paul Volcker.
    Mr. Volcker said he strongly favored the plan, but added, "Fortunately for me, I&#39;m not officially in the Cabinet."
    But imposing taxes on Cabinet members may be easier said than done, critics of the plan warn.
    "Remember, these people are not used to paying taxes," said one White House source. "They are going to be hopping mad about this."
    Another wrinkle in the plan is how the taxes would actually be collected, with President Obama reportedly favoring a cash-at-the-door entry fee for every Cabinet meeting.
    "If they don&#39;t have the money, they don&#39;t get in," said the source. "They&#39;re not going to be able to just sail into the White House for free like the Jonas Brothers."
    When told of Mr. Obama&#39;s plan to make his Cabinet members pay taxes, Fmr. Sen. Tom Daschle responded, "Whew! Sounds like I dodged a bullet."
    Full Body Sensual Massage & Tantra in Houston

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t4x6banner.gif

Check out my Yahoo Groups!
    Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.
    http://www.alexissofttouchlmt.com/Yahoo-Groups.html

281 793 3089 9am - 6pm CST TEXT

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    Two things come to mind.
    1. What a novel idea.

2. Where are all the Political Forum post-hos?
    1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CivilBarrister @ Feb 11 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Where are all the Political Forum post-hos?[/b]
    Rumor has it that Toolman was last seen "passing the hat" in front of Phillip J. Berg&#39;s law office!

I have not heard where the rest might be located! ;)

Verified Companion AlexisSoftTouch's Avatar
    I have seen a few on another board.
    Full Body Sensual Massage & Tantra in Houston

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t4x6banner.gif

Check out my Yahoo Groups!
    Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.
    http://www.alexissofttouchlmt.com/Yahoo-Groups.html

281 793 3089 9am - 6pm CST TEXT

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    They&#39;ll be back in droves when ASPD comes back in due course.

Perhaps they are right now in sticker shock over the proposed bailout plans... which in my humble estimation about the only bailing we will see is capital (not capitol) flight to better tax climes.

The few days/week long hiatus might even them do them some good.

Of course, the mods in Houston will be gunning for bear (so to speak) because those unused ban fingers get mighty twitchy! LOL!

LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

What happened to my BCD access ? Thanks for fixing the handle.

Yeah, the Commerce Secretary withdrew today because he didn&#39;t want to pay taxes. Who would have thought DEMOCRATS actually made enough money to pay taxes.

The bailout plan is only going to ward off the impending financial disaster another year. We&#39;re fucked!

BTW,

Where&#39;s my check!

In case it doesn&#39;t show up my new sig line is:

"Hope is a good election slogan but lousy computer security system." (not being accusatory towards the ASPD staff).
    Hope is a good breakfast but a bad supper - Francis Bacon.

Registered Male (Not Verified) RALPHEY BOY's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gnadfly @ Feb 12 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    What happened to my BCD access ? Thanks for fixing the handle.

Yeah, the Commerce Secretary withdrew today because he didn&#39;t want to pay taxes. Who would have thought DEMOCRATS actually made enough money to pay taxes.

The bailout plan is only going to ward off the impending financial disaster another year. We&#39;re fucked!

BTW,

Where&#39;s my check!

In case it doesn&#39;t show up my new sig line is:

"Hope is a good election slogan but lousy computer security system." (not being accusatory towards the ASPD staff).[/b]

No wonder Democrats love to raise taxes,, they dont pay them anyway.so why worry....

and I am to poor to be a Democrat...

Today? IN eneral? Damn Houston most of the time
    I heard the most wonderful news and still cannot believe my good fortune.

It is with all hope that what I heard is true and not a terrible excuse for a joke or a hoax.

It is with great anitcipation that I await the confirmation that SHAMLESS JACKASS LEE is going to be Hiaary&#39;s personal bitch in the State Department.

I can only hope that she will be posted in Somalia or some other place as wonderful, but would that be asking too muchZ? I truly hope not and this is just more proof that God does exist and answers prayers.

Now if we could just get Nancy on Hillary&#39;s team..........

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Oh that we could return to those glorious days of yesteryear when the Republican foxes carefully watched over the nation&#39;s economic "henhouse."

They did such a marvelous job! :blink:

At least we have a dollar amount for Democrats.
    I forgot what full disclosure meant after past eight years.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Feb 12 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    bailing we will see is capital (not capitol) flight to better tax climes.[/b]
    speaking of twitchy fingers .................. just where is this &#39;&#39;better tax climes&#39;&#39; that people on the right are so prone to speak of?

Let me in on the secret country ck, I wanna dump my millions from the stimulus package into this mythical land of lo lo tax&#39;s. While you are at it can you tell me how as an American citizen I can avoid paying tax&#39;s on any profit that I do make overseas? These questions never even get asjked on Sean Hannity, much less answered.

Seems I can&#39;t count to four but my nose sure can still smell a fresh pile! lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Htowner @ Feb 13 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    At least we have a dollar amount for Democrats.
    I forgot what full disclosure meant after past eight years.[/b]
    What full disclosure are you referring to on the Republican side that was missed?
    You think we have full disclosure on the Dem side? Daschle&#39;s lobbyist money was well known.
    Htowner, this isnt a disclosure problem, its a continuation of the Dem&#39;s vetting problem.

In other news...Obama has already broken his promise to have the public view a bill for 48 hours
    and hire people with lobbiest ties

But BHO will just grant exemptions! He already "granted" two. Something tell me those pre-
    and post-election promises that he just broke will have more joining them.

And he&#39;s about to sign a passed bill that will double the US debt....TAKE THAT GEORGE W BUSH!

From one account I&#39;ve read this is going to give every working America an extra $13 a week. wow.

Finally Where&#39;s my check?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope is a good breakfast but a bad supper and security system.
    Hope is a good breakfast but a bad supper - Francis Bacon.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gnadfly @ Feb 14 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    In other news...Obama has already broken his promise to have the public view a bill for 48 hours
    and hire people with lobbiest ties[/b]
    And George Bush did not believe in nation building......before getting elected. Funny how you got to lie to the dumbass electorate to get elected. That ain&#39;t the politicians fault...........they just doing what they gotta do, last I heard McCain was palling around with Joe the Plumber taking economic advice from that liar! lol

I also heard that he might run for office! Now that would be a hoot. Maybe he could be Sara VP in 2012.....you righties would just love that.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd have you already forgotten the 700 Billion Bush bail-out?....I&#39;m sure that is what Ht was speaking of.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gnadfly @ Feb 14 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Finally Where&#39;s my check?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
    Where in the hell do you think it is? GW spent it! ;)

As a part of the stimulus compromise the did away with AMT(Alternative Min Tax) that was put in by Reagan of all people. This is not exactly something that concerns the low and moderate income people. How much more do you need from the Democrats?
    As for full disclosure was a sarcasm towards the general state of secrecy in the previous administration as they set an all time record in producing secret documents, reclassifing documents and soaring the shredding to 600%.
    Just Google for &#39;how many secret documents Bush &#39; and pick out the most right wing ones you like. No point putting a NYTimes link here which would immiediately be dismissed by you all as left wing printers.
    There are stuff that don&#39;t even make it to any of our press at all,and you call these left wing.That is another thread by itself so let me stop on that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast