Thread: Review or Testimonial/Endorsement

Review or Testimonial/Endorsement

There had been a discussion on Eccie regarding reviews vs Testimonials. Fortunately or Unfortunately we Mongers are "led by example". I confess that I have been one.

I've noticed more and more Providers, as well as hobbyists, indicating a No Review policy. That's fine with me as it's their choice. It does make it a bit difficult when looking for specific activities and can be awkward asking for a list of "services" when contacting a provider.

Given that services were satisfactory or above there still is an option for those who don't review. You could post an Endorsement (of a kind) in the Provider's profile page. No juicy details but enough to let others know some basics. I just posted such a thing on Sweet Baby Beth's page.

I appreciate your timely responses in setting up our encounter along with your responses to my touch and bad humor. Your attention to personal hygiene did not go unnoticed as well. It's always great to be with someone of your sweet demeanor. We will meet again!

Granted most anything can be posted there but it IS an option for those who'd like to endorse someone without writing a review. Just a thought.
    Have you ever considered that the "Writing on the Wall" might be a forgery?

Every time I read a review I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now.. the Rest Of The Story."
    I am NOT a White Knight, just a bleached bastard.
    My gallery album gets updated occasionally.

I do NOT share any pics I've taken without an "OK" from the model!

Verified Hobbyist BCD RustyBalls's Avatar
    I see that SBB has updated her pictures since her last visit with you--very nice job all around.
    Last edited by RustyBalls; 12-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    <RustyBalls

"Double Vaccinated and Multi-Boosted" for your hobby pleasure.

10 years in the hobby and 170+ reviews on Eccie lost in upgrade

Ladies, please contact RustyBalls anytime for the "Paladin Experience."

"Have Cock, Will Travel."

I prefer hobby in North ATX and the Domain/Arboretum area.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I favor testimonials over the icky-style reviews. I also favor eliminating ROS. Let our companions see what we write and really think of them.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Registered Male (Not Verified) DragonX's Avatar
    Loxly I like your thought process.

One of the reasons I dont do reviews is that 1) I dont write for penthouse, 2) each experience is unique; one lady could have really dug one guy and doesn't/didnt dig me so going in with preset expectations can diminish the meeting, and 3) I know some of the ROS comments are bullshit being fluffed up. I like the thought of recommendations though because I think the following is important and would be what I want to know:
    1. Is she legit
    2. Does she look like her pictures are they accurate
    3. TCB skills - is she spot on or a flake
    4. General location - I am north so going south Austin would be something I might steer away from
    5. BCD skills - Did you/her have a good time, did she seem to be into your activities.
    6. Smoking status - I am sensitive to cigarette smoke so I look out for that
    7. Donation - usually this is posted somewhere in an ad but sometimes it is not there
    8. Menu or some other derivative of this since I know ladies have expressed dislike at this term - GFE/PSE/FS/FBSM/+

I think with the above or maybe a few more items this would give a lot of information guys are looking for and be tactful.

+1 on Rusty's sentiment for SBB - job well done man!!
    +1 Lovinglife - you posted as I was typing, I agree 100% on that for reviews.
    DX
    On hobby hiatus.

1st - Thanks for the kudos on SBB's pics. More to come as she sees fit. The review pic was with her permission.

2nd - Good list Dragon. Regarding the location it might be nice to know if it's a "shared" location. Sometimes the person answering the door isn't your "date". Ideally the Provider should let you know about this "up front" but that might be too much to ask.

Actually I believe the ROS isn't a mandatory field so the items we're discussing can probably be posted using the current review process. And we probably could skip #8 if the ladies have their activities listed in their profile page.

Should hobbyists take on this example of a Review-Light, the only objection I could see from the Providers is their frequency of dates. MHO

Every time I read a review I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now.. the Rest Of The Story."

Registered Male (Not Verified) DragonX's Avatar
    Loxly good point on #8.
    What do you mean "frequency of dates"? I would think it would be the same whether it is a graphic novel or a well outlined recommendation?
    DX
    On hobby hiatus.

I refer you to your own sig line quote from Tommie.

While it's not an issue with me there have been threads before about high-volume providers. I've never drawn any conclusions about any provider based upon the volume of reviews. Particularly since many hobbyists aren't reviewing or delay posting. Yet that might be a reason for a "No Review Policy" or more simply Tommie's viewpoint.

Another possible reason for a Provider not wanting reviews is to limit any dissention among the troops. Hobbyist "A" lambasts a Provider for NCNS or hours of idiotic texting only to find out that Hobbyist "B" jumped the line. So while a detailed review isn't posted it would still show as her being "occupied".

My bottom line has always been that I get an OK about a review from the Provider (along with an OK about a pic). My one and only exception to this was a Provider in D.C. She absolutely stunk. I could smell it as soon as I sat down on the couch. And if I thought there were serious safety reasons I would not ask for an OK.