Quote Originally Posted by Bigdawg300 View Post
America has always been great regardless of who is the POTUS. We enjoy many freedoms and benefits that lots of other countries do not.

1. What needs to occur to make America great again?
2. If America is not currently great, what is it? Mediocre? Shitty?

America cannot pivot on a dime, so whoever is in office will simply alter legislation a few degrees to the left of right, but not change the core mechanics and workings of government. Hopefully we get some intelligent replies before things descend into Libs or the GOP sucks. Let’s skip past which party sucks and focus on the questions I posed.
I'm not a MAGAtarian, but here goes...

For large companies it means less taxes and less regulation. Mission accomplished. We'll see how the consequences play out.
For small companies, same thing. Not sure how much they were helped with the tax break, but they probably got less regulation. Consequences as above.
In the geopolitical arena, it could mean a return to the time after WWII and before the Korean Conflict, but before globalization became a thing is a safe bet.
For some it means more jobs. A closer look at how unemployment is calculated might paint a different picture, but for now, continuation of a trend.
For some it means higher paying jobs. Saw there was a 2% increase recently. Haven't looked to see if this is a continuation of a trend.
For some it means better/cheaper healthcare. Hasn't happened yet.
For some it means tougher immigration policies. No new laws, but enforcement and procedures are tougher.
For some it means a "return" to "fair" judges. For evangelicals, this might work as expected. For non-evangelicals, FOSTA-SESTA is just the beginning.
I could break this last one into more, but in a nutshell, for some, it means putting brown people "back in their place."

Some of the above overlap, and they don't apply to all MAGAtarians (especially the last one), but it is what it is.